Explosion-Proof LED String Lights
Magnalight’s EPL-SL-10-FL1524-LED hazardous area LED explosion-proof string lights are designed for use in locations that require equipment with Class 1 Division 1 and 2 compliance approval. According to the company, the lights are characterized by:
- A design similar to that of traditional fluorescent string lights.
- High-intensity LEDs instead of fluorescent tubes to produce a far more durable and cool-running string light.
- Suitable for confined spaces and use in areas where flammable vapors, gases and chemicals are normally present.
- Consist of ten 2-foot long lamps connected in series along 100 feet of explosion-proof cord.
- Provide long range and even coverage over large areas.
- Each 2-foot long lamp assembly is constructed with a non-sparking aluminum casing with molded rubber bumper guards for rugged durability and annealed glass tube shield to protect the LED lamp assembly.
- Class 1 Division 1 and 2 approved for groups D, E, F and G.
- Each lamp is equipped with an integral hook for easy overhead hanging and connected in series to the 100 foot 16/3 AWG SOOW cord via a non-sparking aluminum junction box.
- The 15-watt LED lamps produce more light than both higher wattage incandescent lamps and the comparable fluorescent lamps they replace.
- Can operate over 20 times longer than incandescent lamps and 5 times as long as fluorescents with a 50,000 hour operational life that neither can match.
- Operate with 120V-240VAC 50/60Hz current, making it suitable for use with most common power sources found within commercial/industrial location.
- Suitable for enclosed spaces where compounds such as gasoline, acetone, ammonia, benzene, butane, methanol and propane are present.