Better Powder Injection
Charles Ross & Son has designed its SLIM solids/liquids injection manifold as a high-shear mixer system that is capable of accelerating the dispersion of hard-to-wet-out solids, while eliminating floating powders in batch tanks and reducing dusting in the mixing area. According to the company, the SLIM further delivers:
- The ability to mix powders (like fumed silica, CMC, guar gum, carbon black, carrageenan, xanthan gum, talc, pectin, flours, clays, carbomers and other rheology modifiers) into liquids quickly and economically, requiring no filtering step after the mixing operation.
- A specially engineered rotor/stator assembly that generates its own powerful vacuum to draw solids sub-surface, compared to other powder injection systems that rely on an external vacuum pump to establish vacuum in the mix vessel.
- The power to inject powders at a fast, but controlled rate for repeatable and optimized dispersion results.
- Prevention of agglomerate formation or “fish eyes” to ensure maximum yield of solid components.
- Efficient mixing, which lowers raw material costs, and eliminates downstream filtering or rework operations.