Steam Traps with All the Trappings
Thu, 11/17/2011 - 9:16am
Spirax Sarco has improved its 3- and 4-inch FT450 Series steam trap with a fabricated mechanism suitable for both high pressures and high process flows. According to the company, this mechanical ball float and thermostatic traps additionally boast:
- A balanced-pressure thermostatic air vent for maximum temperatures of 572°F.
- Steam pressures from 0 to 450 PSIG.
- An infinite turn-down ratio over a wide range of flows.
- A body (incorporating mounting legs with drill pads) and cover constructed from cast carbon steel to not only increase longevity, but also maximize efficiency.
- All stainless steel internals, coated with UCT EXO nickel-boron for durability.
- A hardened stainless steel head and seat that are coated to prevent sticking and resist the buildup of precipitants, which can cause leakage.
- Horizontal in-line piping connections, not to mention the standard availability of NPT, socket-weld or flanged connections.
- Compatibility with oil and petrochemical, hydrocarbon, chemical, pulp and paper, and power-generating applications.