Rotary Feeder for Dense Materials
Designed specifically for pneumatic conveying of dense materials — including fine powders used in chemical and pharmaceutical processing, food and bakery processing, plastics, and milling — the Aero-Flow™ Series of rotary feeders from ACS Valves provides highly efficient, air-assisted material introduction to pneumatic conveying systems. According to the company, the feeder also features:
- A proprietary, dual-induction endplate design that introduces pressurized air from both endplates into the rotor pockets carrying process material, speeding up the material fluidization process, improving material consistency, and optimizing feeder energy consumption.
- Further energy efficiency, provided by an available ACS variable frequency drive that modulates the feeder drive speed and reduces power requirements based on the fluctuating performance needs of the system.
- Feeder housings that are cast in North America to ensure superior strength in the composition and solidification of the housing’s metallurgy (available in cast iron, and 304 or 316 stainless steel; in either 17 ½ inch or 211/8 inch heights).
- Optimal service in applications with pressure differentials up to 15 PSIG, and elevated temperatures to 500º F.
- A 10-vane rotor that is precision-machined with beveled vane tips and sides (other Aero-Flow™ rotor configurations include Teflon®-coated, and adjustable-tips).