Low-Noise Ductless Fume Hoods
Tue, 11/01/2011 - 10:02am
New PURAIR 5 Ductless Fume Hoods from Air Science USA feature a high level of operator protection where routine work is being carried out. According to the company, the units:
- Exceed OSHA, ANSI, and all relevant international standards.
- Feature a ductless design that eliminates installation costs and allows the unit to be positioned over a sink or bench-top apparatus.
- Are available in three models, with a choice of 24-inch, 36-inch or 48-inch widths.
- Operate at low noise levels, and, because they recirculate, they do not exhaust expensive conditioned and/or heated air into the atmosphere.
- Feature a face velocity of 100 fpm that ensures containment of fumes and particulates for operator protection.
- Include an alarm that alerts the operator when the airflow falls to an unacceptable level.
- Can be placed on any bench top, and an optional polypropylene spillage tray can be provided when required.
- Feature lighting on the rear of the unit to illuminate the work surface.
- Are designed so that the switches and electrical components are isolated from any contamination, with mechanisms in the head section located on the clean side of the filter.
- Have a patented filter clamping mechanism that allows for the filter to be easily installed and ensures an even seal at the filter face at all times to prevent bypass leakage.
- Are available with 14 different types of carbon for the main filter, which include specialty media for vapors of organics, solvents, acids, mercury and formaldehyde; HEPA filters for particulate filtration are also available.
- Are typically suitable for applications including histology, powder weighing, and sampling prep work.