Flowmeter Features EtherNet & IP Connectivity
Tue, 11/08/2011 - 12:19pm
Endress+Hauser has introduced the Promag 53 electromagnetic flowmeter with EtherNet/IP connectivity for easy integration with the Rockwell Automation PlantPAx process automation system. According to the company, the Promag 53 flowmeter:
- Measures electrically conductive liquids (> 5 µS/cm) and is ideally suited for applications in food and beverage, water and wastewater, and other process industries.
- Features an integrated Web server that allows authorized users to remotely view flow data, conduct diagnostics, configure the flowmeter, or perform process optimization.
- Makes it possible for data to be securely accessed by higher-level software such as ERP systems, process historians, control loop tuning programs, and asset management systems.
- Also makes it possible — by using EtherNet/IP — to configure up to 10 variables, including volume flow, calculated mass flow, and totalized flow for remote access.
- Is pre-engineered to integrate seamlessly with the PlantPAx process automation system, helping users simplify their network architecture, reduce deployment time, and facilitate connectivity from the instrumentation level to the business systems level.
- Has built-in connectivity to Foundation Fieldbus, Profibus, Modbus, and HART.
- Is designed to measure most liquids with a minimum conductivity of 5 ?S/cm, and flow rates up to 1,250 gallons per minute.
- Features measuring accuracy of ±0.2 percent or. ±2 millimeters per second, and repeatability of ±0.1 percent or ± 0.5 millimeters per second.
- Operates in temperatures of -4° F to 140° F (-20° C to 60° C) and pressures up to 580 psi, has NEMA 4X or IP 67 protection, has FM/CSA Class I, Division two approval, fulfills EMC requirements according to IEC/EN 61326 and NAMUR NE21, conforms to the requirements of the EU and ACMA directives, and carries the CE and ? marks.