Explosion-Proof Lighting … ‘Nuff Said
Thu, 11/17/2011 - 10:47am
Hazlux® 5 HID lighting fixtures from Thomas & Betts allow for safe installation in a wide variety of areas that require explosion-proof operation. Furthermore, these fixtures feature:
- Thermal- and shock-resistant glass globes that are factory assembled, and pre-tested for quality and safety.
- A choice of high-pressure sodium or metal halide lamps in wattages from 50 to 400 watts.
- A temperature range of 32° to 104°F (-30° to 40°C).
- Dual-pitch Acme threads to greatly reduce the risk of cross threading, in addition to make assembly easier and faster than designs with standard V-cut threads.
- A ballast that is pre-wired to the lower half of the electrical connection block, which enables the wireless connection of the ballast housing to the mounting module.
- Powder epoxy-coated die-cast aluminum guards that resist corrosion, and are equipped with keyhole slots for easy attachment to stainless steel screws.
- A factory-sealed assembly that meets code requirements without the need for external sealing fittings.
- Pendant, ceiling, wall, angle stanchion and bulkhead mounting options.
- Availability of polymeric reflectors in standard dome or 30°-angle versions.
- A UL844 certification for Class I, Div. 1, Groups C and D hazardous locations, as well as UL844 paint spray (up to 100 watts), and Class II, Div. 1, Groups E, F and G outdoor wet locations and UL 1598A marine locations.
- Suitability for use in many outdoor, offshore, hose-down and coastal locations.