A Powerful Dry Grinding Attritor
Fri, 10/21/2011 - 10:50am
Union Process recently built a large SD-250 dry grinding attritor for an application in the lithium battery industry. Moreover, according to the company, its metal-free attritor offers:
- A gross tank volume of approximately 288 gallons, a material capacity of about 125 gallons and a media volume of 187 gallons.
- The capability of the material to be charged into the mill at the top, ground for a predetermined time, then discharged through the bottom.
- A steel frame riser to support and elevate the unit, so that the several bottom product-discharge valves are easy to access for material-handling purposes.
- Noise insulation for the grinding tank to reduce dB levels during processing.
- A 400-HP, totally enclosed fan-cooled, inverter-duty motor with a heavy-duty variable-frequency drive controller.