Heat Viscous, Temperature-Sensitive Fluids
Mon, 10/03/2011 - 9:06am
Durex Industries recently released its DFX electric heat exchangers for fluid-heating applications. The company says that these heat exchangers offer:
- Fast, safe and effective heating of liquids and gases.
- Rapid heat transfer and gentle, indirect heating that doesn’t degrade fluid.
- The power to heat viscous and temperature-sensitive fluids, such as oils, coatings and paints, resins and solvents.
- Ideal suitability for heating de-ionized water, solvents, sterilization gases and other contamination-sensitive substances.
- Heating/cooling capabilities for precise solvent, volatile and viscous liquid temperature control.
- A coiled, seamless 316 stainless steel flow tube, embedded in a lightweight aluminum casting (along with the heater elements).
- Heater elements that are isolated from the medium flow path.
- A heavy-wall flow tube, available in single and dual configurations, to provide high pressure ratings, which are not easily obtained in traditional circulation heaters.