Process-Control and Distributed Input & Output System
Wed, 09/21/2011 - 12:44pm
The updated NET Concentrator System® (NCS) from Moore Industries provides users with increased options for communications. Features of the system include:
- With the addition of the new EMM Interface Module, the process control and distributed I/O network now comes standard with an Ethernet (MODBUS/TCP) port and dual, independent MODBUS RTU (RS-485) ports.
- One or both of the MODBUS RTU ports can be configured as MODBUS master ports, allowing the NCS to poll other MODBUS RTU slaves with the network polling functions of a typical MODBUS master.
- The update allows the system to be used as either a single or dual MODBUS master, allowing it to provide simultaneous Ethernet and dual MODBUS RTU master/slave communications.
- Users can now view, select and set operating parameters within minutes for both Ethernet and the dual MODBUS parameters through the Internet Explorer web browser or the free Intelligent PC Configuration Software.
- It provides a real-time signal gateway between the field or factory floor and control strategies; it is designed to work in demanding industrial applications and settings, including the harshest temperature settings.
- It features an ambient temperature range of -40° F to +185° F (-40° C to +85° C) and a 20-bit input and 18-bit output resolution that matches or exceeds the accuracy of the most precise process transmitters on the market.