Power Factor Correction Bank
Staco Energy Products’ StacoVAR® mini is an automatic power factor correction bank which maintains the desired power factor level by using the microprocessor-based controller to adjust to system load conditions. The StacoVAR® mini is characterized by:
- Rugged capacitors are efficiently placed in a compact enclosure, allowing this bank to fit in a small footprint.
- Capacitor-rated contactors with damping resistors reduce back-to-back switching currents.
- It accurately regulates power factor automatically, making it ideal for a wide variety of applications including food and beverage processing, water and waste water treatment, manufacturing and industrial facilities, medical and healthcare environments, supermarkets, and any place where there are power factor penalties.
- It features a compact design that includes capacitors, reactors, contactors and fuses, and it is UL-listed.
- The capacitors provide highly efficient power factor correction, low watt loss, long life and reliable operation.
- The heavy-duty design includes environmentally friendly, self-healing metalized polypropylene film dry-type capacitors.
- Each capacitor is contained in an aluminum cylindrical housing, incorporates an over-pressure device and discharge resistor safety system, and includes a 5-year warranty.