Mobile App with Barcode Scanner
ProSoft Technology® now offers a new barcode scanner feature for the ProSoft i-View, a mobile SCADA phone application for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices, designed to provide a window into a PAC/PLC by creating a wireless interface via a ProSoft Technology 802.11 industrial wireless solution. The app's key features include:
- Allows mobile or remote workers to monitor and modify control data wirelessly and scan information from skids, pallets, products and more — and have it automatically recorded to the PLC.
- Is well-suited for a variety of applications, including quality control, and can be used to save time and streamline processes by automating updates that would otherwise require manual entry.
- Allows control engineers to remotely monitor and modify live data from programmable automation controllers (PAC) on an EtherNet/IP or Modbus TCP/IP network, including flow measurements, valve control, process data and status data.
- For 802.11 plant-floor network access, the WiFi function of the phone can be utilized in conjunction with ProSoft Technology 802.11 Industrial Hotspot TM solutions.
- Displays live process control values in stylized lists and includes user-established variance allowances with real-time alarms, including local notifications.
- Features controls and data displays that are color coded based on the value — engineers are able to monitor these variables in real time and make adjustments on the fly from an iPhone device.
- Upon configuration, it requires the user to assign a matching security code as both a password for network access and as a security tag in the Central Processing Unit (CPU) of the PAC — when it launches, the security code must match that on the CPU in order to create a connection.
- Supports the retina display feature of applicable devices.
- Works in conjunction with the Industrial Hotspot series of radios — ProSoft Technology's Industrial Hotspot radios feature WPA2-PSK and 802.11i RADIUS security, which prevent unauthorized access and modification to the network.