Crack-Resistant Polyethylene Piping System
Tue, 09/06/2011 - 9:53am
Asahi/America has designed its Chem Proline® crack-resistant polyethylene piping system for the harshest liquid chemical applications. Moreover, according to the company, the Chem Proline® system offers:
- A complete system that includes pipe, fittings, valves, leak detection, injection quills and chemical feed skids.
- Construction from the latest generation of PE resin (PE100-RC).
- A pH capability that ranges from 1 to 14 with pressures up to 150 PSI and temperatures up to 140oF.
- Pipe and fittings that possess great resistance to slow crack growth.
- Ideal suitability for use in water treatment and chemical process applications using a variety of chemicals, such as sodium hydroxide, sodium hypochlorite, caustic soda and low-concentration acids.
- UV resistance, in addition to a life expectancy of up to 50 years.
- A thermally fused design — no glue — with minimal threaded connections.
- Availability of pipe sizes up to 4 inches and in single- or double-wall configurations.
- A lower cost alternative to metal, fiberglass-reinforced plastic pipe and lined steel pipe.
- The flexibility to be installed above or below ground using socket, butt or electrofusion joining methods.