Single-Stage Natural Gas Compressors
Fri, 07/29/2011 - 10:23am
Blackmer®, a global leader in positive displacement rotary vane and reciprocating-gas compressor technologies, now offers the NG Series Natural Gas Vapor Recovery Compressor. Key features of the new compressor line include:
- The single-stage, oil-free reciprocating gas compressors are designed to handle wellhead operations in continuous duty or remote unmanned locations.
- They are ideal for enhancing oil and gas production in the areas of tank-battery vapor recovery, wellhead vapor control, wellhead annulus reduction and pressure boosting.
- They feature full compartment distance piece, which is standard on all models.
- Each compressor is constructed with two sets of piston rod seals between the crosshead guide and cylinder area, which form the distance piece.
- The distance piece provides leakage control and helps prevent oil contamination from any condensates that might be in the gas stream— Connections are provided in the distance piece for purging, pressurizing or venting as needed.
- The design allows the compressors to handle a much wider range of suction pressures, which can be a major consideration in wellhead operations that involve natural gas and methane mixes.
- Other features and benefits of the compressors, which are to be used in sweet-gas applications only, include: ductile-iron head and cylinder that outperform cast-iron models, O-ring gaskets throughout for sealing under all operating conditions, flow rates to 600 MSCFD, maximum of 50-horsepower energy usage, and maximum allowable working pressure of 350 psia (24.1 bara).