Pumps for Sanitary Applications
Almatec® has expanded its line of BIOCOR Series Aseptic AODD Pumps with the addition of the new B40 model. Like all BIOCOR pumps, the B40 is ideal for use in sanitary product-handling applications found in the pharmaceutical, biotechnical and food industries, and is additionally characterized by:
- It is the largest and heaviest BIOCOR pump at 67 kilograms (147 pounds) and features dimensions of 462 millimeters by 270 millimeters by 681 millimeters (18.2 feet by 10.6 feet by 26.8 feet).
- Its added weight and size gives it the capability to handle solids as large as 9 millimeters (0.35 feet) and deliver flow rates up to 17m3/h (75 gpm), all at operating pressures of 7 bar (100 psig) and maximum operating temperatures as high as 80º C (176º F).
- The model features no drives, no rotating parts, no shaft seals within the fluid, and a step-less flow control that operates via air pressure and volume without the need for complex mechanical control units (which prevents overpressure while ensuring maximized output and efficiency).
- The material for the wetted housing parts is electro-polished 316L stainless steel with a center block of PE conductive; while the diaphragms, ball valves and O-rings are made of PTFE or EPDM.
- The pumps meet the demands of all sterile applications by utilizing a unique design that has no horizontal areas where products can rest.
- These features make the pumps compatible with the certifications for hygienic design and clean-ability from the EHEDG, FDA and Class VI regulating organizations.
- The design of the B40 also allows it to conform to the ATEX 94/9/EG directive for pump use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
- The pumps are also equipped with the company’s patented PERSWING P® air control system — a metal-free, pneumatically pilot-operated control system that ensures accurate reversal of the main piston and is characterized by a low noise level, maintenance-free design, design featuring only two moving parts, and the ability to operate without any lubrication.