Mixer for High-Viscosity Applications
Tue, 07/19/2011 - 1:24pm
The newest product design from Ross, the Planetary Dual Disperser, is ideal for powerful mixing of high viscosity applications requiring ultra-fine dispersion quality. According to the company, the PDDM features:
- Four agitators — two planetary stirrers and two high speed shafts — all rotating on their own axes while orbiting the mix vessel on a common axis.
- Two saw-tooth blades on each high speed shaft provide an intensive shearing action, promoting solids dispersion and particle size reduction.
- Planetary stirrers continually turnover batch material, help feed fresh product to the high-speed blades and facilitate uniform temperature throughout the mix zone.
- Optional sidewall and bottom scrapers can also be installed to further ensure superior heat transfer between the vessel jacket and batch material.
- Shear levels and flow patterns are easily fine-tuned because the stirrers and dispersers are independently driven and controlled.
- Solids are quickly incorporated into viscous bulk material and stubborn agglomerates are dispersed regardless of product flow characteristics.