Mass Spectrometers for Enhanced Productivity
The SCION TQ™ triple quadrupole and the SCION SQ™ single quadrupole mass spectrometers for gas chromatography (GC) detection are designed to enhance data quality and productivity for analysts working in routine testing and applied markets. Features of the spectrometers include:
- The GC-MS platform offers revolutionary performance and ease-of-use, particularly for the food safety and environment monitoring communities, and represents an innovation leap in GC-MS technology.
- Spectrometers include the industry’s first ion ‘lens-free’ technology which makes these systems very easy to use, regardless of the level of mass spectrometry experience of the operator.
- The series is significantly more sensitive and robust than previous GC-MS instruments, and comes in a very compact bench space saving footprint that is far smaller than for conventional GC-triple quadrupole MS systems.
- It incorporates a 180-degree collision cell design for a dramatically smaller instrument footprint; a critical need in emerging markets and for anyone choosing to upgrade their GC-MS technology.
- Bruker’s innovative and unique Compound Based Scanning (CBS) technology allows users to achieve high levels of sensitivity and quantitative precision while greatly reducing methods development and instrument set up time.
- By simply selecting the compounds from the compound library to add to the method editor, the unique CBS technology and expert software automatically sets up optimized MRM transmissions, and calculates the optimum cycle time, at a fraction of the workload for the method’s developer.
- The SCION SQ has been designed for extensive routine usage and shares many of the design innovations of the SCION TQ, such as plug-and-play source for simple maintenance, or easy conversion from EI to CI operation.
- The new axial flow source improves systems’ performance, and lengthens the time between maintenance, even when handling today’s challenging matrices.
- Both SCION systems feature an auto-focusing q0 ion optic element that uses helium molecules to enhance transmission into the first resolving quadrupole, and a high-capacity turbomolecular pump — to enable users to field-upgrade to CI capability.
- A further benefit of the SCION series is the extremely fast pump-down time, which increases productivity and reduces down-time.
- Unique multi-axis chemical noise cancelling design techniques, such as the 90-degree heated curved q0, the 180-degree collision cell and orthogonal integrated detectors, result in virtually zero neutral noise and ultra-sensitive detection limits.