Conduit Outlet Bodies Offer Corrosion Protection
Tue, 07/05/2011 - 10:34am
T&B® Fittings stainless steel Form 8 Conduit Outlet Bodies are constructed of polished, marine-grade Type 316 stainless steel and provide protection for electrical systems in harsh environments. According to the company, the outlet bodies:
- Offer high resistance to corrosion, chemicals, and high temperatures.
- Deliver strength and durability for a long service life with low maintenance.
- Provide an excellent solution for protecting electrical systems in food and beverage, pharmaceutical, petrochemical and pulp and paper processing operations, as well as in wastewater treatment facilities.
- Are available in body shapes LB, T, TB and the recently introduced LU® Universal Conduit Elbow, with hub sizes ranging from 1/2 inch to 2 inches.
- Feature tapered NPT threads and integral bushings which protect wire insulation.
- Include neoprene gaskets that are rated to a maximum temperature of 105° C (221° F).
- Are shipped complete with covers, gaskets and screws.
- Are listed with Underwriters Laboratories (UL Standards 514A and 514B), are certified with the Canadian Standards Association (CSA Standard C22.2 No. 18) and are Federal Specification W-C-586D.
- When coupled with the rugged Form 8 design, the use of Type-316 stainless steel allows these conduit outlet bodies to provide superior performance in tough, corrosive environments.