Collapsible Plugs Make Awkward Spaces Accessible
Thu, 07/07/2011 - 10:29am
This range of collapsible pipe stoppers from Air Springs Supply can compactly fit around obstacles, corners and into previously inaccessible areas of surface, underground and underwater pipelines. According to the company:
- The custom-fabricated and stock ranges of Pronal Uni-Plug stoppers — especially recommended for low-pressure applications — are water tight and easy to install for maintenance, testing and emergency tasks.
- Ideal applications include pipe repair, insulation of areas for welding, sealing of mine levels and isolation of risers in factories, power plants, water utilities and other industrial, resources and municipal infrastructure.
- Produced in stock diameters from 50 to 1600 mm, with larger custom-fabricated sizes available for particular applications, the plugs are a tough, advanced technology product from the internationally respected Pronal organization — which produced the enormously strong inflatable bags used to lift sections of the liner Titanic from nearly 4 kilometers deep in the Atlantic.
- The easily transported and reusable plugs are made from reinforced fabric coated with synthetic elastomer.
- The system can be collapsed into confined spaces and then inflated at the location where it is needed.
- Uni-Plug ranges are complemented by optional accessories including inflation lines, flexible bypass hoses, vacuum indicator, thermal protection, control valves and gauges.
- Different types of Pronal stoppers are available for high pressure applications.