Variable Speed Drive
Wed, 06/01/2011 - 9:45am
The A1000 variable speed drive, according to Yaskawa, is a full-feature drive providing outstanding quality, performance, flexibility, and environmental friendliness through 1000HP. The drive’s additional features include:
- Calculated design life that is twice as long as previous generations.
- Compatibility with interior and surface permanent magnet motors; provides highly efficient, precision control with incredible performance, producing up to 200 percent torque with or without feedback.
- User-friendly configuration tools, including a multi-language LCD display parameter storage, application presets, and a portable USB copy unit.
- DriveWizard® computer software delivers configuration, monitoring, and trending functions enhanced by direct connectivity through the standard USB port.
- A significant quantity of control points are included as standard; three expansion ports for additional I/O, feedback, and network communications (including DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP/IP, Profibus-DP, PROFINET, and MECHATROLINK-II) are also offered.
- Embedded applications functions, such as PID control, droop control, and function block programming provide system-level control without the use of a stand-alone controller.
- Energy efficiency is maximized with variable speed control, and integrated DC reactors reduce harmonic demand from the power system, contributing to a cleaner environment.
- All materials used in the A1000 comply with the directive for Restriction of Hazardous Substances.
- Drive is available in 200-240VAC Three Phase 50/60 Hz (up to 175 HP), 380-480VAC Three Phase 50/60 Hz (up to 1000 HP), and 500-600VAC Three Phase 50/60Hz (up to 250 HP) ratings.
- Drive is designed for use around the world and carries agency certifications for all major geographical regions.