Pumps Producing a Bidirectional Pulse-Less Flow
Tue, 06/14/2011 - 6:39am
VICI Valco recently released its Cheminert Model M6 and M50 liquid-handling pumps for precise handling of liquids and/or gases. An optimal alternative for syringe pumps, these Cheminert positive-displacement pumps further grant:
- The capability to produce a bidirectional pulse-less flow with a range of over 6 orders of magnitude — 5 nL/minute to 5 mL/minute for the M6 and 1 µL/minute to 25 mL/minute for the M50.
- A self-priming design, which is tolerant of any gas that may find its way into the fluid lines.
- Elimination of the need to refill cycles and change syringes.
- RS-232 and RS-485 communication protocols incorporated into the microprocessor-driven controller, although a USB interface requires an adapter.
- A software package to control flow rates, flow direction and metered volumes.
- Suitability for a calibration source for mass spectroscopy; flow-based electrochemical systems; flow cytometry, cell and drug perfusion; HTS and robotic systems; infusion; micro-dialysis; and more.