The Latest in Hydrocylcone Technology
Mon, 06/20/2011 - 1:34pm
SWECO's new Hydrocyclone Systems are an economical and effective method for removing solid particles in the 4 to 100+ micron range from various slurries. The system’s main features include:
- Hydrocyclones typically make finer separations at higher capacities than typically possible with screening separators, and can often be used in place of decanting centrifuges, providing the desired result at lower cost.
- Systems are supplied in either an open-manifold or a packed-vessel configuration: Manifolds (radial or linear orientation) utilize 2-, 4-, 5-, or 10-inch diameter cyclones, while packed vessels contain either 1- or 2-inch diameter cyclones; both configurations can process feed rates from 10 to 3,000 gallons per minute, depending on the size and number of hydrocyclones installed in the system.
- For demanding applications, the company can provide a hydrocyclone system integrated with a SWECO centrifuge, rectangular separator, or round separator; the system will concentrate the solids, reducing the volume to be handled by the centrifuge or screener, and a smaller centrifuge or screener can then be selected at a considerable reduction in cost.
- The use of SWECO Hydrocyclones can lower the capital, operating, and maintenance costs of a solids-separation system.
- Installation is straight-forward (the system is shipped assembled), reliable operation of the system only requires a consistent feed at a steady pressure, and the only moving parts are the feed pump and the slurry itself.
- Energy costs are much lower than those of a large centrifuge and the maintenance, when needed, is much simpler and easier to accomplish.