Expanded Variable Speed Drive Line
Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, now offers the Altivar™ 212 variable speed drive and the S-Flex enclosed version, which are both designed to provide OEMs and control panel builders with energy efficient and economical solutions for pump and fan applications. The variable speed drives are characterized by:
- AC drives which adjust motor speed to the required flow of air or fluids, reducing energy costs by 50 percent.
- Drives are engineered to provide additional cost savings; both models feature electronic motor controls that reduce the mechanical stress on belts, piping and ductwork and eliminate valve or inlet guide vane maintenance.
- The drives eliminate the need for throttling valves, dampers or inlet guide vanes that are typically used to control the flow of fluids, and also lower installation costs and maximize building occupant comfort with accurate flow control.
- The S-Flex is lightweight, has a smaller enclosure size than its counterpart and features fewer points of electrical failure.
- The Altivar 212’s compact size saves valuable panel space, provides a high degree of performance and connectivity, includes a full complement of integrated building automation networks, features reduced harmonic technology which lowers component costs, and offers embedded reduced harmonic technology which reduces the wire size and the size of upstream overcurrent protection devices and is 10 percent more efficient than typical AC drives.
- Both models feature a local/remote button which facilitates quick start-up, an optional remote-mount English text keypad that speeds up troubleshooting, and embedded communications (Modbus, Apogee FLN P1, Metasys N2, BacNet) and LonWorks available via option card.
- The models are available directly through Schneider Electric, as well as through its channel partners.