Couplings Help Virtually Eliminate Product Spillage
OPW Engineered Systems, a leading manufacturer of systems for the safe and efficient loading and unloading of hazardous materials, is pleased to announce that its Kamvalok® 1700D Series Dry Disconnect Couplings have been designed to provide for total closed-loop loading. The product’s highlights include:
- Closed-loop loading protects people and property from dangerous and costly exposure by keeping hazardous liquids and vapors in-line and out of the environment.
- Specifically manufactured to automatically shut off in the event of an accidental disconnection of the coupling and adaptor, the couplers feature a unique spring-loaded poppet action design that virtually eliminates spillage of any residual liquid contained in transfer lines after disconnection.
- Reliable and easy to operate, these couplers have been manufactured in compliance with the highest quality standards of design, materials and construction.
- The couplers feature a cam and groove design that makes connection and disconnection smooth and easy and an open/close lever action ensures that liquid flow can only begin once the coupling and adaptor are securely coupled; this lever action also provides for smooth opening and closing even during high-pressure applications.
- Additional features of the couplers include locking operating handle and cam arms, a 360-degree orientation so the coupler can be connected in any orientation onto the adaptor, and a dual protection design which provides automatic closure from both directions – the coupler and the adaptor.
- The couplers are particularly well-suited for handling petroleum products, solvents, ag-chemicals, vegetable oils, detergents and many acids and caustics.
- The series is used at transfer points where product loss is unacceptable, including paint, lacquers, inks, adhesives, fatty acids, pharmaceuticals, liquid soaps, and many other liquid products applications.