Combustible Gas Detector for Ethylene Monitoring
The advanced IR400 Combustible Gas Detector from General Monitors sets a new industry standard as the first combustible point infrared (IR) ethylene monitor to achieve dual FM and CSA performance verification, meeting FM 6310, FM 6320 and CSA C22.2 requirements. The gas detector features:
- A precision IR point sensing element which reliably protects people, equipment and facilities against the hazards of ethylene gas vapors.
- True fail-safe design for dependable gas detection performance.
- Heated optics that eliminate condensation, and a dirty optics indicator that helps discriminate between true alarms and maintenance needs.
- Microprocessor-based, low maintenance design which continuously monitors combustible gases in the lower explosive limit (LEL) range and provides a 4 to 20 mA analog signal proportional to the 0 to 100 percent LEL concentration.
- Has the ability to monitor other conditions such as supply voltage and optical path integrity.
- Electronics which are contained within a rugged, explosion-proof housing so that detector information can be processed locally.
- Design which uses only 4.8 W of power, as well as advanced diagnostics to help prevent unplanned plant shutdowns — the detector is designed for operational efficiency and system problem-detection capability.
- Requires no routine calibration, a feature that reduces demand for field technician time.
- Detection system that measures the absorption of infrared radiation passing through a volume of gas using a dual beam, single detector method; then measures the intensity of two specific wavelengths, one at an absorption wavelength and another outside of the absorption wavelength; and, after measuring both factors, determines the gas concentration by comparing the two intensities.
- Can be configured for analog output, Modbus, and HART.
- Detector provides two-wire RS-485 addressable communication link which supports the Modbus protocol, and is used to monitor status and settings in order to simplify installation and maintenance.
- Warning, alarm and maintenance events are available via Modbus or HART, as well as diagnostics and correction action capabilities.
- Has CSA, FM, ATEX, and IECEx approvals, the CE Marking, and is suitable for use in SIL 3 systems.