Oil Well Cement Testing & Analysis
Chandler Engineering® recently released its 7322 HPHT consistometer for testing the thickening time of oil well cements under a variety of downhole pressure and temperature conditions in accordance with API and ISO requirements. According to the company, the consistometer additionally delivers:
- Suitability for the harsh environments associated with well cementing.
- A reliable pressure control system.
- Temperature scheduling.
- The ability to simulate varying flow conditions on the cement slurry.
- Rapid cooling.
- Ergonomically-friendly features.
- Improved ease of operation and faster turn-around time between tests.
- Easier cleaning.
- Elimination of oil misting.
- Improved power management.
- Model 5270 Data Acquisition and Control Software — which is the standard for the cementing laboratories within the industry.
- The ability to be used to prepare slurries for other tests, including measuring free water content, fluid loss testing, or rheological properties.
- The ability to be equipped with a variable speed drive motor that allows user control of the slurry cup’s rotational speed along with an external chiller for performing tests at sub-ambient temperatures.