Future-Ready Gas Flow Measurement
According to Fluid Components Intl., its ST100 Series thermal mass gas flowmeter combines optimal flow sensing with the industry’s most feature- and function-rich electronics to deliver adaptability and value in meeting plant gas flow measurement applications both today and tomorrow. The company additionally says that the ST100 Series boasts:
- The measurement of gas mass flow rate, total flow, temperature and pressure, depending on the model family.
- The ability to continuously measure, display and transmit an extensive array of parameters.
- A basic insertion-style air/gas meter with a thermal flow sensing element that measures flow from 0.25 to 1,000 SFPS (0.07 to 305 NMPS) with an accuracy of ±0.75 percent of reading and ±0.5 percent of full scale.
- Availability of conventional 4- to 20-mA analog, frequency/pulse, alarm relays or advanced digital bus communications, such as HART, Foundation Fieldbus, Profibus or Modbus.
- The flexibility to adapt with a plug-in card replacement that can be changed out by plant technicians in the field.
- The storage of up to 5 calibration groups to accommodate broad flow ranges, differing mixtures of the same gas and multiple gases.
- An on-board data logger with an easily accessible and removable 2-GB micro-SD memory card capable of storing 21 million readings.
- The capability to be calibrated to measure virtually any process gas, including wet gas, mixed gases and dirty gases.
- Service up to 850ºF (454ºC).
- Up to a 1,000:1 turndown.
- Compliance with FM and FMc: Class 1, Div. 1, hazardous locations, Groups B, C, D, E, F and G; ATEX and IECEx: Zone 1, II 2 GD Ex d IIC T4, as well as a NEMA 4X/IP67-rated enclosure.
- An optional SpectraCal™ gas equivalency calibration method that lets users select and switch between 10 common gases.