Epoxy Passes Low Outgassing Tests
According to Master Bond, its EP30LTE-LO 2-component epoxy incorporates a special blend of polymeric and inorganic materials, which gives the product optimal dimensional stability, and sets new standards of performance for bonding, sealing, casting and coating applications. This electrically insulative, 100 percent reactive epoxy additionally offers:
- The ability to cure at room temperature with 85 percent of its maximum strength developed within 48 hours, while faster cures are possible at elevated temperatures.
- A low coefficient of thermal expansion of 12x10-6 in/in/°C and a low shrinkage rate of less than 0.0002 in/in.
- The capability to be readily cast as thick as 1 inch without undue exotherm developing.
- A tensile strength of more than 5,000 PSI.
- Operational temperatures from -60° to 250°F.
- Resistance to thermal cycling and chemicals, including water, fuels, and many acids, bases, salts and organic solvents.
- A working life of up to 60 minutes for a 200-gram mass.
- The flexibility to bond well to metals, glass, ceramics, wood, vulcanized rubbers and most plastics.
- A 10-to-1 mix ratio by weight.
- Easy application with a spatula, knife, trowel, brush or paint roller.
- Availability in half-pint, pint, quart, gallon and 5-gallon container kits.