Mon, 05/23/2011 - 10:07am
Wil-Flex’s diaphragms are ideal for paint & coatings applications and, due to long flex life, have the ability to handle abrasion and a wide swing in pH levels. According the Wilden, the diaphragms’ additional characteristics include:
- Flat profile design which eliminates the need to invert the diaphragm when rebuilding a pump.
- Made of Santoprene®, a thermoplastic elastomer that links EPDM (ethylene propylene diene Monomer) rubber and polypropylene, the diaphragms are an excellent low-cost alternative to PTFE diaphragms.
- Thermoplastic qualities give the diaphragms inherent tensile strength without fabric reinforcement.
- Currently available for use on the Advanced™ Series metal 25mm (1-inch) bolted stainless steel and aluminum, 38mm (1-1/2-inch) bolted stainless steel, and 76mm (3-inch) bolted stainless steel and aluminum models.
- Wilden’s advanced bolted pumps also include the Pro-Flo X™ air distribution system that allows the pump user to control the flow rate and maximize efficiency to reduce processing costs.