Accurate Alternative to NIST-Calibrated Mercury Thermometers
Mon, 05/23/2011 - 9:54am
Fluke says that its 1551A and 1552A “Stik” thermometers provide the measurement accuracy, durability and safety required for industries such as oil and gas production and petrochemicals — with no mercury hazard. The thermometers’ features include:
- Design created specifically for manufacturers of chemical, pharmaceutical, food or petroleum products that require accurate temperature measurements
- Thin-film RTD sensor that provides repeatable accuracy of ± 0.05 °C (+ 0.09 °F) over its full range from –50 °C to 160 °C (–58 °F to 320 °F).
- Stainless steel sheath protects the sensor and thermometers are intrinsically safe (ATEX- and IECEx-certified), so they can be used in environments where potentially explosive gases are present.
- Stainless steel probe and large, backlit digital display are fixed together and calibrated as a system.
- Accuracy specification is easy to understand since it includes all uncertainty components, including drift, for up to one year.
- Also included is a NVLAP-accredited, NIST-traceable calibration.