Multi-Shaft Mixer Tackles Viscous Materials
Fri, 04/15/2011 - 6:00am
Charles Ross & Son recently unveiled its VersaMix multi-shaft mixer to process pastes, gels, slurries and other viscous formulations. This mixer is highlighted by:
- 3 independently driven agitators working in tandem.
- A high-speed disperser that quickly draws powders into the liquid batch through a powerful vortex.
- A rotor/stator that can break down agglomerates, accelerate homogenization or prepare fine droplets in an emulsion.
- A low-speed anchor to promote bulk flow and uniform batch temperature, while scraping the vessel sidewalls and bottom.
- Capacities from 1 through 4,000 gallons.
- Optional vacuum capability, clean-in-place spray nozzles, temperature probes, interchangeable jacketed mix vessels, powder induction functionality, sight/charge ports, control panels and PLC systems.