Detect Small Hydrogen Leaks
Wed, 04/06/2011 - 6:56am
General Monitors now offers reliable monitoring for small hydrogen leaks in a variety of industrial and commercial facility environments with its TS4000H Intelligent hydrogen gas detector. According to the company, the TS4000H is highlighted by:
- Continuous monitoring and accurate detection of hydrogen from 0 to 500 PPM.
- A precise electrochemical hydrogen sensor that has a T90 response of under 30 seconds and minimal zero shift across its operating environmental conditions, while remaining unaffected by short-term (≤ 2.5-minute) exposure to hydrogen concentrations up to 50 percent LEL.
- The capability to be configured to detect a variety of other toxic gases, including ammonia, carbon monoxide, chlorine, chlorine dioxide, hydrogen chloride, hydrogen sulfide, nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide, oxygen deficiency, ozone and sulfur dioxide.
- 4- to 20-mA output, 8-amp relays, HART or Modbus communications, and a 3-digit LED display that displays gas concentrations in PPM.
- Display of fault codes for troubleshooting and providing complete status to the control room.
- Contained electronics within an explosion-proof housing so that gas sensor information can be processed at the sensor site.
- The flexibility to be remotely mounted up to 2,000 feet (610 meters) away from the electronics.
- Calibration by activating a magnetic switch and applying gas.
- Compliance with ATEX, CSA, CE and GOST and certification for use in SIL 2 environments.