Compact Magnetic Reed Sensors
Fri, 04/29/2011 - 12:23pm
Canfield Connector has designed its 8F Series reed-type proximity sensor for applications in which critical magnetic sensing is required. This compact sensor additionally provides:
- A tough nylon shell that is over-molded with polyurethane to create an environmentally resilient seal from the elements.
- A temperature range from -20° to 80°C.
- A shock resistance to 30 G and vibration resistance to 20G, plus a resistance to corrosion and wash-down applications.
- Your selection from either a normally open or closed switch.
- A 9-foot cord or an M8 quick-connect connector.
- Compatibility with intrinsically safe barriers.
- A cylindrical shape ideal for mounting in either a simple hole or cylindrical opening, as well as the flexibility to fit most space requirements.
- A NEMA 6 and IP-67 rating.
- Availability in a tab-mount version.