New PLC Delivers Faster CPU Scanning
Tue, 03/08/2011 - 5:36am
Yokogawa Electric has released the FA-M3V range-free multi-controller PLC (programmable logic controller). Features include:
- A faster CPU scanning speed, making it well suited for conventional discrete manufacturing and batch processes.
- The ability to scan a 100 K-step program in just one millisecond, making it the world’s fastest PLC in terms of CPU scanning speed, according to the company.
- Combines the hardware/firmware of Yokogawa’s Vitesse engine and a parallel instruction processing system (PIPS).
- A built-in Ethernet port for higher throughput and a smaller footprint.
- A login function with three different layers of access control, error check and correct (ECC) functionality.