Hose Offers Improved Vacuum Resistance
Mon, 03/28/2011 - 6:22am
According to Parker PAGE Intl., its PTFE convoluted open-pitch, heavy-wall hose assemblies come with a heavier wall — up to 33 percent more PTFE — than a typical convoluted hose, as well as:
- The capacity to handle vacuum applications in temperatures up to 500°F or 206°C.
- A PTFE core to reduce friction, while minimizing pressure drops and deposits.
- Improved vacuum resistance at higher temperatures, greater kink resistance and reduced permeation.
- A stainless steel or polypropylene braid.
- Inner diameters from ½ up to 4 inches.
- Accessories that can include fire sleeves, spring guards or heat shrinking for color coding.
- Availability of static-dissipative assemblies.