Charles Ross & Son has made three sizes of its V-Blenders, which are often used for the intimate dry blending of free-flowing solids, available from stock. The solids being blended in these units can vary in bulk density and in percentage of the total mixture. Materials being blended are constantly being split and intermixed as the shell rotates. The V-Blender is further characterized by:
- Typical cycle times in the range of 15 minutes, dependent on the difficulty of blending.
- Intensifier bars to permit delumping and deagglomeration as needed.
- Discharge through a manually operated butterfly valve, which is positioned 24 inches from the floor when in the bottom position.
- Type 316 stainless steel parts, in addition to a 150-grit exterior finish and a mirror finish on internal surfaces.
- Sizes of 5, 10 and 15 cubic feet.
- Safety railings and stainless steel support stands.
- Fully integrated motors and controls.