Bridging EtherNet & CANopen Networks
Mon, 03/28/2011 - 7:00am
The new Anybus X-gateway CANopen from HMS Industrial Networks enables system integrators to easily transfer I/O data between automation devices on EtherNet/IP and CANopen. The gateway further delivers:
- The power to function as an adapter (slave) on the EtherNet/IP network and as a manager (master) on the CANopen side.
- The capability to pass up to 510 bytes of input and 510 bytes of output data transparently between EtherNet/IP and CANopen.
- The flexibility to connect up to 126 CANopen slaves to the gateway using a total of up to 128 receive PDOs and 128 transmit PDOs.
- A configurable stand-alone gateway that mounts to a standard DIN rail and is powered by a 24-V industrial power supply.
- The ability to configure CANopen master functionality with a flexible and easy-to-use Windows-based configuration tool, which is included with the product.
- An integrated 2-port switch on the EtherNet/IP side, allowing EtherNet/IP installations in bus or line topology without the need for external switches.
- Support of integration with and communication to 10 different fieldbus and industrial Ethernet networks, such as Profibus, DeviceNet, CANopen, EtherCAT, Modbus and Profinet.
- Suitability for use in machines and systems in all areas of industrial automation, including typical communication between Rockwell or Schneider Electric PLCs and CANopen-enabled drives, sensors, actuators or measuring equipment.