Valves for High Temperatures & Abrasive Surfaces
Thu, 02/17/2011 - 11:10am
A-T Controls has engineered its M Series metal seat ball valves with specially coated matched balls and seats to stand up to high temperatures, pressures and abrasive materials. The M Series also provides:
- An oversized stem to prevent deformation at higher pressures and temperatures.
- An Inconel seat spring maintains positive contact between the ball and seat during operation.
- Precision CNC machining to ensure the ball and spring live-loaded seats seal tightly for optimal shutoff and tight sealing, even at low temperatures and pressures.
- A standard uni-directional shutoff, whereas a bi-directional shutoff can be available for back flow applications.
- Ball and seat materials that consist of stainless steel, stellite welded and hard chrome-plated steel, allowing the valves to perform well in applications involving abrasive fluids and steam.
- A temperature range from -20° to 661°F and a pressure rating up to ANSI class 600.
- A nominal pipe size range from 0.5 to 8.0 inches.
- An anti-static device, a blowout-proof stem and a fire-safe design that conforms to API 607 4th edition.
- The flexibility to select body materials from WCB, CF8 or CF8M, while special materials are available based upon application.
- Availability of 4 connections — flanged, threaded, socket weld or butt weld.
- 2 optional coatings — a tungsten carbide coating for heavy slurry environments and a chrome carbide coating for higher temperature applications.
- Suitability for the oil/gas, chemical, power generation, pulp and paper, food processing and mining industries.