The Seal of Approval for Mixers
Wed, 02/16/2011 - 8:06am
Sharpe Mixers recently launched its RD line of dry-running mechanical seals for mixers, agitators and reactors to meet ASME-BPE 2009 standards for cleanability. RD seals additionally deliver:
- Sloped internal surfaces to facilitate drainage and enhance cleanability, including the debris well flush ports.
- Proprietary carbon blend construction that virtually eliminates face squeal.
- The capability to handle a 0.15-inch total run-out.
- Internal metallic parts exposed to product that come with a 20 Ra finish and optional electro-polishing.
- Accommodations to replace Flowserve® Type VRA and John Crane® Type 32 seals.
- Availability of a debris well.
- BPE compliance, FDA approval or a USP Class VI rating.
- Suitability for sanitary applications in which product contamination from barrier fluids is unacceptable.