High-Quality Process Gas Analysis
Fri, 02/11/2011 - 12:30pm
The new Model IPS-4 full spectrum analyzer from AMETEK Process Instruments is able to measure up to eight components using the most favorable absorptions in both the UV and IR spectrums, helping to eliminate cross sensitivity. The unit:
- Combines a non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) platform and integrated sampling system with a field-proven UV-Vis platform.
- Is durable enough to be installed outdoors in a wash-down, hazardous and environmentally harsh locations.
- Performs measurements simultaneously in the UV spectrum using diode array detection and in the IR spectrum using single beam multi-wave length technology, after which the readings are cross correlated.
- Uses an optical system that incorporates long lifetime components and is designed for high light throughput and increased reliability.
- Has a self-aligning design that significantly reduces maintenance.
- Has no filter wheel, no optical filters to replace and no optical couplings to align.
- Uses a Xenon lamp light source with a two year life expectancy.
- Possesses excellent temperature stability, reliability and features a host of self-diagnostic and predictive maintenance capabilities.
- Is equipped with numerous analog (4-20 mA) and digital communications capabilities, including RS232, RS485 with MODBUS RTU protocol and a built-in Fast Ethernet port.
- Has a built-in web-based user interface that enables simple connectivity and communication via a company Ethernet system.
- Features a stainless steel 22-key keypad and a four-line vacuum fluorescent display.