Accurate Discharging & Metering
Fri, 02/25/2011 - 5:39am
Spiroflow Systems recently expanded and updated its range of powder-handling systems, so they are ideally suited to the accurate discharging and metering of water and effluent treatment chemicals. These systems offer:
- An even and consistent material flow.
- The delivery of chemicals used for pH, bacteria, taste and odor control, such as hydrated
- lime, powdered activated carbon (PAC) and soda ash in various forms.
- The elimination of dust and environmental contamination, as well as bridging of material and consequent starvation of the conveyor leading to the slurry tank.
- The handling and dosing of chemicals with either loss-in-weight or volumetric metering.
- The flexibility to dose chemicals from silos, bulk bags or bags.
- Various conveyors that may be used to achieve very accurate dosing with rates as low as 1 kg/hour.
- The capability to help comply with regulations covering the discharge of effluent into rivers and streams.
- The option to fit bulk bag dischargers with massagers for poor-flowing products, such as hydrated lime.
- Suitability for the treatment of potable water, wastewater, effluent and sewerage in both industrial and utility applications.