Responding to growing demands for multi-vendor and multi-instrument compatibility, Shimadzu Scientific Instruments announces that its GC-2010 Plus and GC-2014 can now be controlled in an Empower environment. In conjunction with a liquid chromatography (LC) driver, this development enables users to control Shimadzu’s liquid and gas chromatography (GC) systems, and integrate data from multiple chromatographs using a single networked solution. Also boasting precise analysis, optimal peak reproducibility and high sensitivity levels, according to the company, this pairing is also characterized by:
- The ability to achieve seamless control of GC-2010 Plus and GC-2014 units in their laboratories for functions ranging from control panel and report output to audit trails.
- The setting of Shimadzu GC parameters through the instrument method editing window and saving them as an instrument method.
- The separation of editing windows for each device, so even first-time users can set GC unit parameters easily.
- A control panel displayed in Empower’s sample analysis window that includes Shimadzu GC unit functions such as on/off, and switching the carrier gas or detector gas.
- A monitor function the can confirm the flow rate and pressure of the carrier gas, as well as verify temperatures of the sample injection port, column oven and detector.
- A system check function to display the operating status of consumables.
- The storage of gas pressures, column oven temperatures and other instrument status information as channel data.
- The digital acquisition of all detector signals via Empower.