A Powerful New Transfer Switch Control
Tue, 01/25/2011 - 5:39am
All Russelectric RTS Series 30-cycle- and 3-cycle-rated automatic transfer switches now come equipped with the company’s powerful new RPTCS microprocessor automatic transfer control system. More specifically, each system offers:
- Real-time metering of voltage (phase-to-phase and phase-to-neutral), and frequency of both normal and emergency power sources.
- The capacity of the controller to sense the voltages of both power sources and, by means of easy-to-see LEDs, indicate switch position and source availability.
- An intuitive, interactive menu to guide the user through controller setup and the entering of configuration data, including communications and timing setpoints, adjustable control parameters (interlocks, alarms and security) and event logging.
- Setup, alarm acknowledgement and review of actual data using the controller’s soft keys and color display.
- The ability to monitor power quality with available waveform capture and historical trending.
- Automatic display of the status of monitored conditions (faults, alarms, inhibits, etc.) and other messages in color-coded banners at the top of the screen of the controller.
- 2 communication interfaces — standard Modbus RTU or optional Modbus TCP/IP via 10/100 Base-T Ethernet.
- An external communication port on the controller’s faceplate for fast, easy connection to a laptop.
- Optional metering of phase and neutral current; percent of unbalanced current; percent of unbalanced voltage; accumulated energy (KWH, KVAH and KVARH); and per-phase and 3-phase totals for real power (KW), apparent power (KVA), reactive power (KVAR) and power factor.
- Programming at the factory to include customer-specified options.