Improved Safety, Precise Adjustment
Tue, 01/18/2011 - 7:24am
Martin Engineering recently unveiled its new MARTIN® conveyor idler aligner with a safe and effective method to manually fine-tune OEM-style self-adjusting idlers. The idler aligner further grants:
- Precise adjustment, using a handle and comb for course modification, with slots for finer tuning.
- A slotted comb to produce a range of incremental adjustment settings (±7.5°) for consistent performance.
- Course adjustments of ±2.5° when the handle floats freely on top of the locking bar.
- Prevention of uneven wear, belt/structure damage and material spillage due to a misaligned conveyor belt.
- A locking bar that features a hole for padlock placement to restrict access and handle movement.
- Elimination of the need to tie off idlers to the surrounding structure to improve safety.
- The flexibility to mount the aligner bracket to most manufacturers’ self-aligning idlers.
- Quick and easy installation — a 1-person job requiring no measuring, cutting or heavy lifting.
- Availability in stainless steel construction.