Full Profile Insertion Flowmeter
McCrometer’s new FPI MagTM (full profile insertion) electromagnetic flowmeter is designed with additional sensing electrodes for increased sensitivity and packaged in a heavy-duty 316 stainless steel sensor body. According to the company, it is the industry’s only multi-electrode hot tap full profile insertion flow meter delivering a continuous total flow profile similar to a full-bore mag meter. Other features include:
- NSF certified 3M fusion-bonded epoxy coating for operational longevity.
- The ability to be removed in pipes under pressure for easy inspection, cleaning, calibrating or verification.
- Compensation for variable flow profiles, including swirl, turbulence and low-flow conditions.
- Suitability for line sizes from 4 to 138 inches.
- Accuracy of ±1 percent of reading ± 0.03 ft./sec zero stability from 0.3 to 20 ft/s velocity range.
- No moving parts and a single-piece design.