Ball Float Steam Trap
Wed, 01/26/2011 - 4:43am
Spirax Sarco has designed its FTC80-FB Series ball float steam trap for process applications with pressures as high as 1160 PSIG in the chemical, hydrocarbon, and pulp and paper industries. The FTC80-FB is further highlighted by:
- Self modulation to provide soft and continuous discharge, which helps maintain stable process conditions.
- A plugged bottom side drain connection that can be used for cleaning or freeze protection with a manual drain valve.
- A right-to-left flow direction with a removable strainer screen that covers 50 percent more surface area.
- A carbon steel series with a body and cover made of cast steel, as well as all socket weld connections.
- Stainless steel internals that employ a high-capacity single seat mechanism, which has an infinite turndown ration on both pressure and flow, extending the service life of the trap. A tight shut-off on the main valve assembly under no-load conditions, even if the water seal, which prevents steam waste, is lost.
- A fixed bleed air venting device to prevent air locking of the trap on startup
- Availability in 1-1/2- and 2-inch pipe connections.