Sanitary, Low-Profile Sifter
Tue, 12/21/2010 - 7:41am
The new K40-1FT-SS Flo-Thru sanitary sifter from Kason Corp. reduces height requirements, while increasing screening capacity. The sifter is more specifically highlighted by:
- A low-profile configuration that employs 2 unbalanced-weight gyratory motors mounted on opposing exterior sidewalls of the unit.
- The rapid passage of on-size particles through the 40-inch (1,016-mm) diameter screen in a vertical straight-through discharge path.
- A screen mesh as fine as 38 microns (400 mesh) from dry bulk materials or solids-laden slurries.
- The exit of oversized material through a side discharge spout.
- Screener diameters from 18 to 84 inches (457 to 2,134 mm).
- Quick-release clamps for the rapid removal of screens, and tool-free disassembly of frames for thorough washdown, inspection and screen changes.
- Stainless steel material contact surfaces, as well as the floor stand, with continuous welds polished to cGMP, 3-A, USDA and FDA standards.
- Availability of a dust-tight cover.