Reduce Contamination & Control Combustible Dust
Thu, 12/23/2010 - 7:35am
National Bulk Equipment has designed this bulk bag unloader system for use in contaminant-sensitive process areas handling bulk materials known to generate combustible dusts. Features include:
- A 9.525-mm polycarbonate encasement that surrounds the bulk bag unloader to prevent migrant dusts that piggyback on the exterior of bulk bags from becoming airborne, and entering the work zone during bag conditioning and bag collapse.
- Combustible input material that is introduced, dust free, directly to an integrated surge hopper through the NBE E3™ closed-cycle dust recovery system, which secures and encloses the bag spout within a sealed containment cylinder.
- An explosion venting system, calculated on a Kst value of 170 and Pmax of 9.5, on the surge hopper to direct and release overpressure to prepared areas.
- Reinforced walls and a reinforced cover for the surge hopper, which is also rated for 4.5-PSI internal pressure.
- Integrated automation to centralize all drive controlling, material feed sensing, material routing, and control layer monitoring and reporting to a UL-listed HMI.