Open-Path Gas Detector Leads in Early Detection
According to General Monitors, its IR5500 is the first open-path gas detector to meet agency performance requirements on both the LEL meter and PPM meter scales, the first detector with split-range scale for PPM meter and LEL meter monitoring, the first to be certified for operation at -55ºC, in addition to among the first major open-path detectors certified to FM, EN and IECEx performance standards. The IR5500 additionally delivers:
- Continuous monitoring of combustible gas concentrations.
- Advanced infrared sensor technology featuring single-beam detection, which improves accuracy and reduces drift.
- Suitability for outdoor combustible gas leaks at petrochemical facilities, as well as in electric utility, wastewater treatment and other hazardous operation plants.
- An IR source and receiver that continuously monitor for methane in both the 0 to 5,000 PPM meter and 0 to 5 LEL meter range.
- Availability of 0- to 2,000-PPM meter and 0- to 1-LEL meter scales for monitoring propane.
- Two 4- to 20-mA analog signals proportional to each of the above ranges, in addition to a digital display and relay contacts.
- The capacity to transmit sensor data and status information up to 9,000 feet to any industrial analog to digital converter for use in multipoint computer-based monitoring. Event logging for faults, maintenance, warning, and alarm events.
- Continuous self-check monitoring of the sensor for failsafe operation.
- Automatic gain control to compensate for dirty optics, rain and fog for accuracy and reliability in harsh environments, and improved false alarm rejection.
- The ability to be aligned without a scope at 100 meters or more.
- Your choice of HART or Modbus, providing complete status and control capability.