Modular Suction Cup
Mon, 12/27/2010 - 6:23am
Piab’s new piGRIP™ suction cup is the first modular suction cup on the market. According to the company, it allows customers to choose the ideal combination of lip and bellow so products can be handled faster. The suction cup:
- Is available with a range of independent lips, bellows and fittings in sizes from 25 mm to 77 mm.
- Can be tailored to individual gripping, lifting and height requirements to handle a variety of products and fit with a number of different machines.
- Allows for higher machine speeds.
- Has a variety of lip options, which allows manufacturers to choose the desired hardness or softness for optimum sealing.
- Uses a proprietary thin wall design, which ensures that faster compressions and returns can be achieved.
- Is available in FDA approved materials.
- Produces 20 to 50 percent more lifting force than similar sized cups.